Thursday, December 22, 2011

It is Christmas in the heart that puts Christmas in the Air...



Tis the holiday season and myself, The Board of Directors and all those associated with Reconnecting Families, Inc would like to thank all who have helped make this year an overwhelming success.  RF has raised more this year than in any previous year, has welcomed Governor Deal to an FDTC Graduation, funded more GED's than ever before, and offered a hand-up to countless mothers and juveniles in the drug court programs.  Twenty families were adopted for Christmas and will wake up to trees filled with presents and kitchens stocked with food.  But there is no better way to express what we do here at the court than the words of a Juvenile who has benefited from the love of RF and the Juvenile Court Team:

Dear the RF (Reconnecting Families) Team,

Hello my name is Quanteryion XXX XXX.  I am 16 years old and I come to you with great news.  News about how you guys have truly blessed my Grandmother and I, who are two more people you can add to your success list. Two more people you have blessed.  I understand you might be reading this letter wondering how did we bless you or how are we helping or affecting people in a positive way.  Well, you have affected my grandmother and I by giving us just that much more to be thankful for.  You made our Thanksgiving the best we have had in the last few years and you guys have done that in a few ways.  One, by giving us a Kroger gift card and two, by giving us more to be thankful for.  On a personal note, you have helped me by giving me two early Christmas gifts.  The first one was a laptop which I desperately need for college.  How awesome is that! And the second one is showing me a moral code of conduct in a way by teaching me patience, hope, faith and humility.  How did you do this? By showing me more people do care and behind the door of all kindness isn’t a snake waiting to strike.  You guys showed me this and so much more and honestly I am amazed and shocked to the point that there is so much more I want to say but strangely, for once, I have no idea how to say it.  Thank you, and what you do is how I feel everyone in the world should be.  You are true role models, heroes even. Like a mini team of multiple supermen and superwomen.  I thank you, my Grandmother thanks you  for all you have done for us, to all you are doing for everyone.  You guys are truly a blessing.  Thank you once again and Happy Holidays.

Sincerely Yours,

Quanteryion X. XXX




I couldn't have said it any better myself.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all and a special thanks to the "multiple supermen and superwomen" of Reconnecting Families, Inc!!!

-Brin Black
Executive Director
Reconnecting Families, Inc

No comments:

Post a Comment